Roasted apple cranberry relish
Yield 2 cups
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 medium Gala apples (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled, cored, cubed (same size as the cranberries)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the cranberries in a large bowl.
- Add the cubed apples and stir together.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Toss the ingredients together until well-combined.
- Pour the apple mixture into a 2- to 3-quart casserole dish.
- Roast in the oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the mixture turns thick and jammy.
- Stir the mixture once at 30 minutes, and then again at 45 minutes to check doneness.
- Taste the apple cranberry relish and adjust the sugar or lemon juice, if needed.
- Serve warm or refrigerate.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/roasted-apple-cranberry-relish/