Leftover turkey taquitos with nutty buffalo dipping sauce
Yield 18-24 servings
Buffalo dipping sauce
- 1 cup raw unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup water, if needed
- 2 cups leftover turkey, shredded or cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided into 1 tablespoon and 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 5 ounces blue cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 18-24 white or yellow corn-wheat tortillas
- Extra Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce
Buffalo dipping sauce
- In a small bowl, combine pistachios and buffalo sauce until well-blended.
- Drizzle in water and continue to mix to desired consistency.
- Set aside to serve as a dipping sauce.
- Place the shredded turkey in a medium bowl. Set aside
- In a large skillet on medium heat, melt one tablespoon butter. Add onions, celery, salt and cumin and saute for 3-5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add blue cheese, cream cheese, additional 2 tablespoons butter, and 1-1/2 tablespoons hot sauce into a large skillet. Stirring frequently, allow to simmer over medium heat until the cheese has melted.
- Place the shredded turkey into skillet of cheese mixture. Stir until well combined, then remove from heat. Set aside.
- Pour oil into a deep skillet. Heat oil until reaches 350F.
- Fry one tortilla at a time for 6-8 seconds, turn over and fry for 4 seconds more.
- Remove and drain on paper towel. Repeat process until all are lightly fried. Note: This step helps the tortilla roll better and keeps it from cracking.
- On a chopping board (or a dinner plate), lay one corn tortilla on the surface so it is flat. Add 1-1/2 tablespoons shredded turkey mixture into the center of the tortilla. Roll up tortilla tightly until it resembles a cigar. Secure ends with a toothpick.
- Deep fry the taquitos two at a time until brown and crispy.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain. Blot with paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Once cool enough to touch, remove toothpicks.
- Serve immediately with nutty buffalo dipping sauce.
Courses Main Course
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/leftover-turkey-taquitos-with-nutty-buffalo-dipping-sauce/