Healthy vegan chocolate pecan pie
Yield 6–8 servings
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12.3 ounces silken-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup raw pecans, chopped, plus 60 whole pecans for garnish
- 1 premade graham cracker pie crust (follow directions on graham cracker box)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place vanilla, salt, cornstarch, maple syrup, sugar, tofu, molasses and cocoa powder in blender (or food processor).
- Blend until very smooth.
- Add pecans and pulse once.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust, and top with whole pecans laid out in three circles.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 43 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then place in refrigerator to chill.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/healthy-vegan-chocolate-pecan-pie-your-holiday-guests-will-crave/