Chunky mashed potatoes
Yield 6-8 servings
- 3 pounds red-skinned potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 whole green onions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Scrub potatoes under running water, removing dirt. Do not peel.
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the diced potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Set the pot over high heat and bring water to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and return them to the pot.
- Add the butter, sour cream, garlic, green onions, salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- With a potato masher, mash ingredients together. Taste the potatoes and adjust the seasoning.
- Cover pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
Courses Side dish
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/chunky-mashed-potatoes/