Strawberries and champagne grilled cheese
For the sandwich
- 2 pieces brioche bread
- Triple crème brie
- 3 strawberries, thin-sliced
- Champagne sauce
For the champagne sauce
- 3/4 cup champagne
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Lightly toast brioche bread on the griddle and allow to cool.
- Make the champagne sauce. Start by combining sugar, salt and champagne in a saucepan and heating until mixture begins to simmer. Once the mixture begins to heat, stir continuously.
- Temper cornstarch with champagne mixture and combine.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Temper the eggs.
- Add tempered eggs to the saucepan. Be sure to stir vigorously during this part to avoid chunks while the mixture thickens.
- Allow to simmer while continuing to stir for another couple of minutes until the mixture is nice and thick.
- Transfer to a glass bowl.
- Cool mixture in the refrigerator.
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thin-slice the strawberries and cut three strips of brie.
- Spread a layer of champagne sauce onto one side of the brioche bread.
- Layer on strawberries and brie.
- Top it off with the final slice of brioche.
- Toast on the griddle for about 10 minutes until the bread is golden and the brie is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/mothers-day/strawberries-and-champagne-grilled-cheese/