Frozen mango lava margarita
Yield 2 cocktails
- 6–8 dried árbol chilis
- 300–350 ml of blanco tequila
- 2 cups frozen mango (or 1 16-ounce bag of frozen mango)
- 6 ounces árbol-infused tequila (see ingredients and directions for infusion)
- 1 cup pineapple or orange juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 cup ice
- Optional: chamoy and tajin for rim
- Optional: Lime wheel and 1 dried chili de árbol for garnish
- Remove stems from the chilis.
- Crack in half and remove most seeds.
- Place chilis into jar and fill with tequila.
- Let sit in cool dry place out of direct light for 4–6 hours.
- Strain tequila into clean jar.
- Rim glasses with chamoy and dip into tajin (or rim with lime slice and dip into tajin).
- In blender, combine mango, tequila, fruit juice, line, simple and ice.
- Blend until smooth and well incorporated, with no large bits of ice or mango remaining.
- If too thin, add more ice or frozen mango; if too thick, add more fruit juice.
- Serve in rimmed glasses, garnished with a lime wheel and whole dried chili.
- You can use fresh diced mango, just use more ice and simple syrup. This version will be a bit milder in mango flavor, so we recommend using frozen mango.
- Non-Frozen version: Use a few oz of mango juice or fresh mango puree and service over ice
- Virgin version: Omit the tequila, of course. But to keep the spice steep the chilies in your simple syrup to make a chili simple syrup. For the Syrup combine equal parts sugar and water add a few of the dried chilis de-seeded. Simmer over low heat until sugar is dissolved, and chilies are steeped, about 7-10 minutes. Do not let boil. Strain the syrup and use in the recipe. This should give you a similar chili kick in a minor friendly version.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/labor-day/spicy-margarita-recipe/