Grilled salmon with maple syrup & rosemary
Yield 6 servings
- 1 large salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely minced rosemary leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 whole lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 2 cut in half
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Line a baking sheet with a large sheet of aluminum foil.
- Lay the salmon fillet, skin side down, on the foil.
- Generously brush olive oil all over the salmon flesh.
- Brush the salmon with maple syrup.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the minced rosemary on top.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Fold the foil up on the sides to create walls to keep the juices from spilling out.
- Keeping the foil under and around the salmon, carefully slide the salmon onto the hot grill.
- Close the grill lid and grill salmon for 8 to 10 minutes, or until internal temperature is 145°F. Carefully remove the salmon from the grill and set aside.
- Place the lemon halves directly on the hot grill and grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until the flesh is lightly charred.
- Squeeze the grilled lemons over the top of the salmon and garnish with a sprinkling of minced fresh rosemary.
- Serve hot.
Courses Main dish
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/labor-day/grilled-salmon-with-maple-syrup-rosemary/