Vegan cauliflower wings
Yield 4-6 servings
Vegan ranch dip:
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegan honey or agave syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Wash cauliflower and separate into bite-sized florets.
- Prepare dredging station by mixing flours and salt in one bowl; nondairy milk in the second; and panko and nutritional yeast in the third.
- Individually dip cauliflower florets into flour mixture, then nondairy milk, then breadcrumb mixture, and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While cauliflower is baking, prepare the sauces. For honey barbecue sauce, mix barbecue sauce and vegan honey or agave.
- For ginger scallion sauce, mix scallions, ginger, soy sauce, sesame seeds, toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar and agave.
- For Buffalo sauce, heat vegan butter and hot sauce in saucepan over medium heat and stir until fully incorporated.
- After 25 minutes, remove cauliflower from oven and separate into three bowls.
- Toss each portion of cauliflower in its respective sauce and mix until each bite is fully covered.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until cauliflower begins to brown.
- While cauliflower bakes, place all ranch ingredients in a small bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/labor-day/cauliflower-wings-recipe-3-ways/