Grilled Peach Toast with Almond Ricotta & Balsamic Drizzle
Yield 6-8 toasts
For almond ricotta
- 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight (at least 5 hours)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water plus more, as needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For balsamic drizzle
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3-4 firm yellow peaches
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Almond ricotta, to taste
- Balsamic drizzle, to taste
- Drain the soaked almonds and peel the skin off.
- Add almonds, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast and 2 tablespoons of water to a food processor and process on high until you have a smooth mixture, scraping down the sides as needed. If the mixture is dry, add more water bit by bit and process until mixture is smooth with no chunks, similar to the consistency of ricotta. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Slice the peaches into 1-inch-thick slices (about 8-10 slices per peach).
- Toss peaches in olive oil and add salt, to taste.
- Add peaches to grill and grill for about 5 minutes on each side, until nice grill lines appear.
- While peaches are grilling, prepare the balsamic drizzle. In a small saucepan, mix brown sugar and balsamic vinegar together. Bring to a boil, stirring at first to ensure that all sugar is dissolved, then reduce heat to simmer and cook until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Grill bread for about 3 minutes on each side or until grill lines appear. Then add a layer of almond ricotta followed by a layer of fresh baby arugula. Top the toast with grilled peaches and drizzle with balsamic drizzle.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/july-4th/grilled-peach-toast/