White chocolate dipped gingerbread cookies
Yield 40 cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (for rolling balls)
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Red, green, and white star and wreath sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and sea salt. Set dry ingredients aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter and brown sugar. Beat for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses, egg, and vanilla extract, beating until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture in three equal batches, mixing after each addition just until combined.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Scoop out dough into heaping tablespoons and roll into balls. Then, roll each ball in powdered sugar. Place balls on prepared baking sheets.
- Using your fingers, lightly press down on cookie balls to flatten them slightly.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place baking sheets of cookies on wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Working quickly, dip one-half of each cooled cookie into melted white chocolate. Sprinkle with red, green, and white stars and wreaths. Place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets to allow chocolate to harden.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/christmas/white-chocolate-dipped-gingerbread-cookies-are-a-fantastic-option-for-your-next-christmas-cookie-swap/