Chocolate-drizzled Christmas cookies with holiday jimmies
Yield 18 cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Red, white, and green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Beat mixture until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add flour mixture in three separate batches to creamed butter and beat just until blended.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a teaspoon, drop heaping mounds of cookie dough onto baking sheets, spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Bake cookies for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges begin to turn brown.
- Cool cookies for several minutes on baking sheets to allow them to firm up. Then transfer the parchment paper full of cookies to a wire cooling rack.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave-safe bowl. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into a small plastic squeeze bottle.
- Drizzle chocolate over cooled cookies.
- Add red, white, and green sprinkles to tops of cookies.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/christmas/these-colorful-chocolate-drizzled-christmas-cookies-with-holiday-jimmies-will-delight-kids-of-all-ages/