Spiced simple syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Black peppercorn
- Cinnamon sticks
- Star anise and clove (to preference)
- 1/4 cup sliced ginger root
- 1 bottle dry red wine (we used Spanish tempranillo)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) brandy
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 1/2 cup spiced simple syrup
- To prepare spiced simple syrup, combine all syrup ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved. (Store any extra in refrigerator.)
- Combine all cocktail ingredients and mix well.
- Chill for 2–4 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with fruit (suggestions: oranges, apples, pears)
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/christmas/spiced-sangria/