Orange-pepper glazed baked ham
- 1 ham, 10-12 pounds
- 8 cloves of garlic, left whole
- 20 whole cloves
- 1 cup Riesling white wine
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons marjoram, dried
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Trim excess fat off ham and score the top diagonally.
- Place the ham in a large roasting pan over a V-rack.
- Poke whole cloves throughout the diagonal scores of the ham.
- Add garlic cloves to the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix wine, orange juice and zest.
- Pour orange juice mixture over ham.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the Dijon mustard, brown sugar, marjoram, garlic powder, ground pepper and chicken broth.
- Increase oven temperature to 450F.
- Smear the entire ham with the mustard blend. Bake another 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Pour off the excess juices and cook in the pan until thickened.
- Serve extra drippings as a sauce for the ham.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/christmas/orange-pepper-glazed-baked-ham/