Nantucket Christmas cranberry Pie
Yield 8 servings
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour*
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch** or arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup sugared cranberries, for garnish
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, add cranberries, 1/2 cup sugar, and pecans. Mix well and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add butter and remaining 1 cup sugar. Beat until smooth. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add the brown rice flour, tapioca starch or arrowroot powder, and almond extract. Mix until well-combined. Set batter aside.
- Generously butter a 10-inch pie plate.
- Pour fresh cranberry mixture into pie plate.
- Scoop the batter over cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 35-42 minutes or until pie is golden. Use a toothpick or cake tester to make sure the top is cooked through.
- Decorate pie with sugared cranberries and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Note: 1 cup (total) of all-purpose flour may be substituted for the brown rice flour and tapioca starch if you don’t want to make a gluten-free recipe.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/christmas/nantucket-christmas-cranberry-pie/