Mini Dutch Babies with Balsamic Honey Berries
- For the Whipped Mascarpone
- ½ cup refrigerated, mascarpone
- ½ cup cold, whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. minced basil
- For the Berries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- For the Dutch Babies
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 8 tsp. unsalted butter, divided, room temperature
- Basil leaves for garnish, optional
- Make the Whipped Mascarpone: Chill a mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Combine cream, mascarpone, honey, and basil in mixing bowl and whisk on a medium speed for about 2 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Scoop into a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the Berries: Start these while Dutch babies are in the oven.
- Combine berries, honey, and balsamic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, reduce heat, and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until berries are soft and have just begun to break down.
- Remove from heat; you can always reheat just before serving.
- Make the Dutch Babies: Preheat oven to 450°F and place 4 ramekins on a baking sheet on the center rack in the oven.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs until light and frothy.
- Slowly add in milk, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and salt.
- When the oven has pre-heated, remove the baking sheet with ramekins, add 2 tsp. butter to each one, and (wearing oven mitts) swirl ramekins to coat bottom and sides.
- Divide mixture evenly into ramekins and immediately return to oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and all puffed up!
- To assemble, once Dutch babies are finished the ramekins with be very hot so warn your guests or simply pop Dutch babies out onto plates. Top with berries, extra basil, and whipped mascarpone right before serving, the whipped topping will melt!
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/christmas/mini-dutch-babies-with-balsamic-honey-berries/