Holiday cheese tart with strawberry glaze
Yield 8 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups crushed graham crackersFilling
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy creamTopping
- 1/2 cup thick strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4 ounces strawberries
- 2 ounces blackberries
- 2 ounces raspberries
- 1 ounce currants
- Fresh mint, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the graham cracker crumbs in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Evenly press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of a 12-inch tart pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to firm up the crust.
- Place the softened cream cheese in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the sugar to the cream cheese, continuously beating until well-combined.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time and beat until fully incorporated.
- Pour in the heavy cream. With the mixer on low to medium-low, gently blend until well-incorporated.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the crust-lined pan. The filling will be very high in the tart pan.
- Place the tart pan on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center still jiggles.
- Cool the tart at room temperature for 1 hour. Refrigerate for several more hours to set up the filling.
- While the tart is baking or cooling, make the strawberry glaze. Combine the strawberry jam and hot water in the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry glaze into a plastic bottle with a tip. Chill in the refrigerator until needed to decorate the cheese tart.
- Once the cheese tart is chilled, decorate one-half of it with fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Using the strawberry glaze, pipe various sizes of dots onto the other half of the cheese tart in your preferred design.
- Garnish the tart with fresh mint leaves.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of strawberry glaze.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/christmas/make-this-beautiful-holiday-cheese-tart-with-strawberry-glaze-for-a-unique-christmas-dessert/