Chocolate-covered snowball peppermint cookies
Yield 34 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pecans, ground up in a food processor or blender
- 2 to 3 regular-size candy canes, crushed in pieces or ground in a food processor
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Red, white, and green decorating dots
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and peppermint extract, and continue beating until incorporated.
- Slowly add flour in 3 equal batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in ground pecans and ground candy canes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form cookie mixture into 1-inch balls and set on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and while still slightly warm, coat each cookie in powdered sugar. Allow cookies to cool slightly and then coat a second time with powdered sugar.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Using a funnel, place melted chocolate in a small plastic bottle with a small tip (or use a plastic bag snipped at the end.)
- Drizzle chocolate in a zigzag pattern over cookies and immediately sprinkle with decorating dots.
- Place cookies in refrigerator for 10 minutes to harden chocolate.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/celebrate/christmas/for-a-cheery-and-scrumptious-treat-try-these-chocolate-covered-snowball-peppermint-cookies/